Career Development Centre (CDC)
Career Development Centre has been established to facilitate students in jobs and internships by developing liaison with public and Private sectors. The major objective of CDC is to facilitate the students in transition to further study and to get employment by providing resources to graduates for making decision, including training and guidance in career management skills. The centre is equipped with material of competitive examinations, recommended text books and strategies for taking these examinations.
Objectives of Career Development Centre
- Conducting Workshops and Seminars to encourage students toward employment
- Conducting Practical Workshops for skill development required for interviews and CV writing
- Providing one to one counseling to students for career selection
- Developing and maintaining a placement board for the students of University
- Maintaining liaison with Federal/Provincial Public Services Commissions for obtaining material on competitive exams for Civil Services
- Inviting prominent members from civil society for interaction with students
- Maintain constant liaison with Institutes of learning, developing interaction of students with scholars
The Bureau, functioning under a senior teacher as Director, promotes cooperation between the employment agencies and the University. It contacts various business organizations and government agencies and elicits their help and cooperation in the placement of students. This help may also take the form of financial assistance to poor and deserving students for which philanthropists may also be approached. In return, the University provides technical assistance to these organizations or individuals in solving their developmental and operational problems. During the long vacations, the Bureau arranges for the practical training of desirous students in Industry, Public Corporations and Government Departments.