Department of Applied Psychology
Bahauddin Zakariya University, Multan, Pakistan
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
There has been a tremendous demand for starting classes in M.Sc. Applied Psychology, as this facility was not available in this whole region. So about six years ago this program of M.Sc. Applied Psychology was started. A package of latest courses has been developed to equip the students with the latest techniques and concepts in the field of Applied Psychology. This program is running under semester system and classes are held in the morning. Realizing the significance of this popular social science, of starting this program initiative was taken to address the socioeconomic and cultural issues and their policy implications. Initially, this department was the part of Institute of Management Sciences (IMS) and started on self-finance basis. Later on, in 2005, since the approval of PC-I from Higher Education Commission (HEC), this department has been working as an independent unit.
Keeping in view the advancement in various disciplines of social sciences and the quality of education provided in the best universities of the world, the Bahauddin Zakariya University has structured this Applied Psychology program as a combination of research and course work.
Our main objectives are:
- To provide mental health facilities, counseling and guidance as well as human resource management services to the people of this region
- Develop high quality professionals and behavioral scientists that are committed to pursuit of excellence, and are endowed with vision, courage and dedication
- Improve academic standard in this region through the generation, assimilation, and dissemination of knowledge
- Make a significant and meaningful contribution towards the social and economic betterment of Pakistan through development of these human resources
- To prepare people of this area to serve as intellectual resource base in this region Psychology is the scientific study of behavior and cognitive processes.
Psychology is curious, interesting and pragmatic. It attempts to comprehend human nature, and hence basic research in this field helps us to improve the quality of our lives and establish a society based upon principles of justice and equity. The scope of psychology is an ever expanding phenomenon.Now psychological knowledge is applied to solve problems in such diverse areas, as, management, environment, business, education, industry, space, sports, law, justice, hospital, linguistics, psychotherapy, counseling and guidance and critical evaluation of literature and other fine arts. Amongst the various branches of Psychology, undoubtedly, Clinical Psychology is the most important applied area.
The Department also houses a computer laboratory having 40 P-IV systems connected with the wireless network. This laboratory has not only been well equipped with multimedia but it also provides free access to the HEC Digital Library from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM. The Department has a library containing more than 4000 latest foreign books on diverse issues of Psychology.